
Some pics from around the bedroom. Thanks, Mom, for the Claritin, grits, animal crackers, and Cadbury eggs. I'm still sick, so maybe once I can breathe again, I'll be able to taste them. There's also my yarn for a custom hat I'll be making. It's inspired by Battlestar Gallactica, the TV show, and it's gonna be great. Also, a glimpse of the biggest book I've ever proofread. I'm finished with the initial proofread. Now, I'm just going to go back and make some final marks before send-off.Okay, so the title of this post is "The Very Difficult Decision: Part One." It's been a couple of days since Jared's return and upon his return, it was time for us to get real and face the inevitable truth.
So, we might move back. Not now, not in a month. It would be more like either the end of this year or next August. For me, at least. Jared's been unable to find work here, so his other option is UCF's MFA program in Creative Writing and/or finding work in Florida. He may have to move back sooner rather than later if he still wants to retain his residency in Florida.
What am I gonna do? Dude, whatever I want. This whole deal was to go out on my own and see what happened. I did not expect to explode and make gobs of money and have a fabulous apartment and live the dream. No, I did not. I expected to get here, live in a cardboard box and work as an extra being paid next to nothing and then figure it out from there. And I have! Ta-da!
So, now let's say I have until the end of this year to make something happen. Here's my plan: join AFTRA because it's cheaper, smarter, and easier than SAG, apply to The Sanford Meisner Center, and continue to do extra work. It is my HOPE(!) that in the next 8 months, I will be accepted into the 3-level intensive program that takes 15 weeks to complete, during which I will continue to proofread books and do extra work, only on a smaller scale, hence the AFTRA bump. Mo' money, mo' problems. Once that is all complete and, let's say, I move back to Florida in December? I'll continue to proofread books and then seek representation by an agency like Bicoastal Talent that will help me do what I want and work in the industry while still living in Orlando.
Whew! Suck on that! Being out here, I've found that I miss being a student, whether it be on a University-scale as an English major or as a student at an acting center. I love to learn, I love to work, and I love to better myself. I can do that pretty much anywhere on this globe.
So... your thoughts? haha
My thoughts? As my 6th year (highschool Senior Year) business teacher would say, "That's a puddin' of a question".
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I don't have much to offer, only that you'd miss the student life anywhere - I'm living about 15km away from where I was in college, and I miss it dearly.
If I was attached to a place, I'd do whatever I could to stay there, but so far I've found that I'm happy anywhere (based on the 3 countries I've lived in for 6+ months), so if you've found someone you're happy to latch onto, see where you drift together!
My friend Kristen from high school (not the Aiello variety) is getting a doctorate. Why? Because she's deathly afraid of living in the real world. So she got her masters and is working on more, simply because she likes being a student (and she's great at it).
ReplyDeleteAs far as moving back goes, as long as you wait until I get out there and change your life, by all means :)