Thursday, January 7, 2010

"What happens on the cruise ... ends up on YouTube."

Hi, how was your day?

I got some new gloves and a pocketbook and oh, my god how did I use 1,200 text messages last month?! Ew.

For New Year's, Janine and I decided to go on a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. This was my first cruise experience and although I enjoyed myself as much as one can with my complexion, I did come to a clear conclusion. I don't like cruises.

(I like making lists and I like making sweeping generalizations. They make me teehee.)

1. Cruises are for married people.
2. Cruises are for people who like the sun.
3. Cruises are for people who believe that "I'll sleep when I get home. I'm on vacation."
4. Cruises are for people who enjoy being swallowed by a boatload of strangers.

My vacation is relaxing and taking my time in new places, staring at shit and examining it, most preferably sober. I don't need a laundry list of activities to feel accomplished, I guess. Is that bad? And I do hate the sun, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. But there was an exorbitant amount of mirth to be had there and my heart swelled a bit like the Grinch after he stole Christmas and then put it back (that's what happened, right?).

Mexico was pretty precious once we finally got off the main street and away from Senor Frog's and Carlos'n Charlie's. Janine and I got lunch and margaritas at Plaza Leza. We were also treated to middle-aged-lady dancing while a father-son wooden xylophone concert happened on the sidewalk. The son had an eyebrow and lip ring under his modest sombrero. We made it RAIN IN THAT TIP BUCKET! Freakin' amazing. People walking the streets would stop, sing with outstretched arms and dance, and then continue on their way.

Here's the video I slapped together. There's not a whole lot, but honestly I wanted to live it, not spend my time recording it, you know? Goo. Password: dramamine

I went on a cruise. from Priscilla on Vimeo.



Back by (my) demand, here's the goth "Single Ladies." Jesus, this shit is so funny. And a damn good song, admit it.

1 comment: