Password: rachmaninoff
I still play the glockenspiel. from Priscilla on Vimeo.
Speaking of the 'maninoff, suck on this one for a while. Get through all 10 minutes, so worth it:
I always found Rachmaninoff's work to be really thick and heavy like a syrup. He'd smack you around and then stroke your cheek and tell you he did it because he loved you. And buy you pretty gladiolas. You know who else is great? Vivaldi. Tchaikovsky. Those guys are delicious.
------------------------------------------
Women (and men too, but especially women) take everything personally. We stub our toe on the bathroom tile and we think the bathroom has a vendetta. It could rain that morning, and somehow the day is ruined, and we think it's a personal attack on us from Mother Nature herself. A car could cut us off on the way to work and we swear it's that bitch Tiffany from middle school that broke our nose in yearbook class and she's back for more blood.
So it's safe to say that when someone makes a general statement about females in general, whether as a gender or the immediate vaginas in one's life, be advised that any generalization is taken as a passive-aggressive comment directed at us. We know it's not, we're sure it's not, but we just can't help it. We take it as a hint to us personally as we sit in our pajamas, hitting CTRL+R on Facebook.
This could be because some of us have learned a horrible habit: using passive-aggressive behavior to "solve" our "problems" or at least to make the public aware of our "problems," begging for commiseration. Facebook counts as the public, hence any "cryptic" status updates like "you're such an asshole" or "next time you want to text me for a late-night makeout, try calling me by MY name instead of that common strumpet Tracy." Whoa. Bitches is crazy. Just pick up the phone and leave a horrible voicemail, because you know that guy isn't going to take your call now anyway. Some girls, and let's face it even some dudes, would much rather whine publicly than confront the person directly. It's easier(?)
So when anyone makes a "general" statement, the crazy gears start a-grindin', and then the fingers start a-typin'. I apologize on behalf of all crazy people worldwide if you've been the subject of a "Why-would-you-say-that, when-you-knew-I-would-see-it?" lashing even though your statement had nothing to do with them. Like all human beings, more specifically American human beings, all genders think everything is about them. I'm sorry, truly sorry. Oof indeed.
Does this count as one? Nah. Definitely not.
I'll go hang my head in shame now.
Well, now I have to go stalk your FB statuses for information about your feelings for me. Boof.
ReplyDeleteOh, not me, but these are the last 3 updates I had to read last night alone from the same person: "thinks picking sides in a fight is a sure way to lose a friend," "also thinks that He who asks others to join 'his' side in an argument is selfish, childish, and morally wrong," and "thinks men should act like men and let the little girls have their tizzy-fits." wtf in the face
ReplyDeleteTell your friend GENDER IS A LIE AND YOU ARE SEXIST.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't I'll make you do it in a funny voice on camera.
Wait... nevermind...
-AWJ
"She's so hot she's making me sexist ... bitch."
ReplyDelete