Friday, March 26, 2010

I don't hate you, I just hate the phone

I really hate using the phone. Whether it be the landline at work (from which I get random calls from people on a conference call looking for customer service, whoa, what's up), to the landline at my place of residence, to my cell phone. I hate using the phone.

If you've been on the phone with me for longer than 10 minutes, you get the special prize, you're special, and you're great. Thank you. It's just that fucking phone.

The primary reason I hate the phone is because my phone gets the most piss-poor reception in the house. I have to be completely outside the house, in my car, or on the porch, or on the sidewalk to conduct muh bidness. If I'm visiting family in High Springs, I don't count on getting signal whatsoever for the duration of the visit. I've noticed that my phone works SO HARD to find a signal either at home or in High Springs, that I have to charge my phone twice as often. Goo.

When I finally do get reception, after about 15 minutes, I sound like this to the person on the other end.



"CALL LOST" is probably the most excruciating, infuriating shortened phrase of all time in the history of the g.d. universe.

Then if there's no real reason to continue talking on the phone, I get antsy "All right, well, I guess I'll talk to you later. Oh? No? You'd like to sit in silence while I keep pulling the phone from my ear, checking whether or not the call's been lost yet? Oh... 'kay."

Obligatory sigh into the phone that sounds like wind in the receiver. Mouth wind.

UPDATE: 10 reasons to avoid talking on the phone

1 comment:

  1. I hate it too. I mentioned that to friends recently and they thought I was joking. Most of all I hate talking on the phone to people outside the small handful I'm used to talking on the phone with. It makes me nervous. Also, I feel like being on a cell phone too long gives me a headache, and I blame the waves/radiation/whatever it is about cell phones that's probably giving us cancer.

    ReplyDelete