1. Attend the last two days of World Science Festival 2010 in New York.
2. Travel to London the weekend that England plays in the World Cup. Yes, I know the match will be in South Africa, but come on, London is going to be a shithouse-riot-on-fire sandwich party! And Janine and I have friends we can go bother during the day. So it goes.
Here's the potential problem: World Science Festival will be June 5th and 6th. London trip will be the 10th through the 14th. Don't stifle the laughter, you're right, this is batshit.
I don't think it's crazy, but I do see the "Hey, do you think that's the best idea?" argument. Please, someone talk me out of it. I love when people try to talk me out of things. It keeps me regular. It might actually cause me to change my mind. I need to hear both sides of the record, so to speak. London is an all-systems-go deal. I'm definitely going to that. But can you imagine? The World Science Festival!? Has anyone gone? Does anyone else want to go? I figure if I have the cash, the means, and the weekend in which to do it, why not?
This was the main selling point. This is an excerpt from a program last year called "Notes & Neurons: In Search of the Common Chorus." Enjoy the video, fellow nerds:
World Science Festival 2009: Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale from World Science Festival on Vimeo.
I know it'll be different from last year, but I'm sure to have an inexplicable time. I'll probably just get a hotel. Begging friends for lodging is so uncouth and slightly inconvenient.
Watch out, I'm watching "Kinsey" tonight!
P.S. I've gotten into the habit of blogging daily and I find that that habit has diluted my content and has also made me have verbal diarrhea. I'll keep quiet until I've got something "smart" to say. Any suggestions are welcome. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment