Monday, December 21, 2009

"You play ball like a GIRL!"

Jill's Bachelorette Weekend from Priscilla on Vimeo.

Password: fishmonkey

I just returned from my first bachelorette party. We all convened at Anna Maria Island, west of Bradenton. It's a small island with lots of little stores or what I think Adrienne referred to as "hinky stores." It's mostly a beer and wine island, so you need to bus it all in. The beach/bay thing was about a block away. Yada, yada, yada.

It was surprisingly amazing. I hate to say it, but when I think of eight women all getting together in a 3/3 beach house for a weekend with lots of alcohol, I cringe. Then again, we’ve never been the stereotypical girls. So we decided to get pretty, irritate the locals, and drink tons of beer. However, we did play the obligatory "Pin The Kiss On The Crotch," wear candy jewelry and utilize the ol' hair crimper from the days of yore.

This weekend was really important, not just for Jill transitioning into the next chapter of her life, but because the ladies and I also had some super-corny, righteous, lady-bonding time. Including the most epic game of "Never Have I Ever" in the history of the world and lots of walking from the beach house to our handful of destinations.

I was the youngest. As per usual. In both academics (that effing "art" bachelor's of mine is essentially useless these days haha) and life pursuits/experiences. Needless to say I have a substantial checklist appended to my current to-do list.

The last twelve months have been clunky, intense, and humbling. I don't regret a thing, but I know what I need to do next year. Now I'm going to live for myself, for once I'm going to be selfish, and I'm not going to bend over backward to please everyone I meet so they'll like me. This 2010 thing is looking delicious, I'll say that. First on the list, I'm going on a cruise for New Year's. I wish you could come and rage with me and Janine.

Then 2010 is as follows:

January -- New York for my birthday

February -- Los Angeles for a wedding

March -- Gainesville for a wedding

June -- London/Paris holiday

I'm also trying to get back into freelance proofreading in my free time. I've got plans and I'm ready to run myself ragged to accomplish them.

And now, Kid Cudi:


No comments:

Post a Comment