Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Adventures abound, betch

I've procured my ticket to New York in June for the World Science Festival and catching up with friends that can bear my presence for small periods of time. If you're in the area June 4th-6th and you've got some extra cash-cash, let me know. Here's a short list of the things happening at the Fest that weekend that I would love to attend:
Saturday
LIGO on View (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) Interactive
Free all day

Mathemagician and the Mathemagician's Apprentice
No, fuck this, I hate magic of any kind.

Einstein, Time and the Explorer's Clock
(delicious time)
12:00-2:00

Illuminating the Abyss: The Unknown Ocean
(I'll use my running shoes to make this one)
4:30-6:00

Hidden Dimensions Exploring Hyperspace
8:00-9:30

Sunday
Street Fair!
Free all day

LIGO on View (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory) Interactive
Free all day

Astronaut Diary: Life in Space
11:30-1:00 for free
When I get back to Florida, on Wednesday I'll be heading out to London to watch the World Cup on the TV in a pub somewhere. We also hope to visit the Horniman, take a Duck Tour, the Hunterian, Crystal Palace Park, Hyde Park, Parliament Hill, The Wolseley, and/or the Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret.

Or I may just eat too much Indian food, drink too much, pass out while somehow still sitting on a stool, and then throw up in the water closet where we're staying. Over and over again.

I can't wait.

Oh, I've also been called for jury duty the week after I get back from London.

No comments:

Post a Comment