Sunday, September 27, 2009

Shuttin' it down

Like Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares," I'm making some major changes to my crappy underwhelming restaurant. I've become a slave to Facebook. I've begun to comment on things that have nothing to do with me and I need to stop. I had an intervention of sorts with myself. So I'm avoiding Facebook for the next week, month, whenever. I'm not deleting the account, you just won't be seeing as many non sequitur, cryptic status updates.

I quit my freelance proofreading. I also deleted my MySpace account. I also deleted my Flickr account. I'm also closing up my shop at Etsy after the holidays. It's not even fun anymore, I don't have the time or motivation to stay up all night posting in forums and chatting with strangers in an Etsy special interest group. It's been like having a hole in my pocket: a couple of dollars there, a couple of dollars here for fees and renewals. My closet is overrun with boxes of yarn, half-finished projects and ad/PR crap. I'm just going to stick with word of mouf and consignment.

Also, unrelated, a guy I worked with in LA named John Charles Meyer was in the new Christian Slater TV show "The Forgotten." Here's a link to the pilot, where he plays "Quint." Yay, JCM!

No comments:

Post a Comment