Friday, August 28, 2009

The Power of Three!

My not-so-private obsession
Project Runway's back! Season 6 is in its second week and I lurve it 5000. I'll spare you the gushing and the Tim Gunn glory. However, I will say this: The Lifetime channel is a little too jazzed to have Project Runway on its lineup. As a co-worker of mine observed, "All I see on the their schedule anyway is 'The Nanny,' 'The Nanny,' 'The Nanny,' 'Army Wives,' and a movie shot in Canada about a battered woman whose baby is stolen from her."

Lastly, I hate the new show PR has created just for the models. Please, don't give them anymore attention than they already receive on a daily basis. I hate to say it, but Project Runway may have jumped the shark on that one. Le sigh, but I still love it.

My best friend: 409-751-31


Since 2006 or '07, I've been receiving phone calls from the same three phone numbers. I'll share them so we all know what's going on:
Now, I know what you're thinking. "Priscilla, those last two shouldn't even be phone numbers." Trust me, I know. And each time they've called over the years, they've never left a message and the very few times I've answered, I was yelled at with a foreign "Hello!!!??" to keep me on the phone for as long as possible. Do you have weird numbers that continue to call you even though you don't answer? Just me? Oh.

Welcome home

Behold our new comforter set we'll be buying shortly. It's the closest color scheme we could get to sophisticated ice cream. I think we accomplished something great here. Truly s'cream-tastic, indeed. We begin moving into an apartment this weekend. I've come to realize that 55 percent of my belongings are crochet-related. Will post pictures once the dust has settled. Yes, we have a door this time. And a fourth wall. And a private bathroom. And we don't have a roommate sleeping in the dining room! What a dream!


P.S. Did you guys watch my gift to you last Friday?! Yeah, you're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Man, that models of PR show is terrible. Seriously: WHY DO I KEEP WATCHING IT? I know why.

    I'm kinda sad that the dude from GA got kicked off, but he was a repeatedly terrible designer.


    ALSO: During the workday I get at least a couple wrong numbers on my home/work line. Lately they've been debt collectors looking for Donna. They say Unknown Name Unknown Number.... which is the same as the office, so I have to answer. Last Saturday I got calls for Donna every 15 minutes starting at 8:15 until I unplugged the phone an hour later.
    Recently I've gotten a couple phonecalls at odd hours from a Bahamas area code. Once was at like 4am and I was super pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed about Mitchell. Granted, I haven't seen the episode yet, but you can bet I get a play-by-play from whomever I ask. He's an "ideas" man, and not a very good one at that. A girl that lived on my floor in the dorms was a model for PR in '04 or '05, but she had bad luck. She was a Radiology major. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete